Programs for Kids & Families > Little Kids
Little Kids | ages 5 and under
For our smallest naturalists, we offer creative, open-ended, exploratory programs for children aged 3 to 5 and their caregivers. Our goal: to foster an early love of the natural world and an eagerness to have fun outside!
Mighty Acorns Club
Held from September to June on the second Friday of each month, Mighty Acorns Club invites young adventurers to explore the natural world through interactive games, puzzles, and activities. This program is held at The Nature Museum and most sessions involve exploring our backyard and the nearby woods, fields and pond; environmental educator Jay DeGregorio leads the group. We hope you and your little ones can join us!
Notice About Outdoor Activities
Mighty Acorns Club will happen rain or shine! Make sure you and your mighty acorn(s) are ready for whatever the weather has in store for us! If there are unsafe weather conditions (e.g. thunder/lightning, high winds, extreme cold, etc.), we will have an alternative indoor activity.
$5 in advance per child; $8 drop-in. Caregivers are free.
2017-2018 | Register in Advance & Save
- September 8 | Exploring Nature: Fairy-style!
- October 13 | Fantastic Fall: Falling Temperatures, Leaves, Apples, and More!
- November 10 | Leave, Sleep, or Bundle Up?
- December 8 | Being Connected to Nature: Learning from the Abenaki
- January 12 | Winter Animal Wonders: How Animals Survive the Winter
- February 9 | Wild Winter: The Hows and Whys of the Winter Season
- March 9 | Magic Maple Syrup
- April 13 | The Baby Animals of Spring!
- May 11 | Pollinators: Nature’s Small and Powerful Superheroes!
- June 8 | The Journey of a Water Droplet