Programs for Kids & Families > Youth
Youth | ages 6-9
Time in nature increases happiness, health, and well-being in kids. Turn off the TV, switch off the laptop, hide the phone, open the door, look up, and get outside with the Nature Museum!
Our programs are educational, hands-on adventures that get your child outdoors, using their mind and body. We encourage confidence and independence in participants by emphasizing self-reliance and growth. Your child will be supported in a safe and fun environment while being inspired to try new things. Our classes, workshops, and camps give kids a chance to get dirty, challenge themselves, and learn about the greater world around them.
Note: If you have registered your child for a drop-off program where you or another caregiver will not remain on the premises, you will need to complete a medical emergency form.
- Download Medical Emergency Form (PDF)
- View our Registration and Cancellation Policies >
Kindred Spirits | All Ages
This monthly Saturday program is designed to build a greater understanding between all creatures of the Earth by exploring the mysteries of nature. By offering a shared experience that draws families together, participants will develop a stronger kinship with our Earth and each other. Programs will take place rain or shine, with hands-on activities both indoors and out. All ages welcome.
- View all Kindred Spirits events
Summer 2017 | Brave Bears Camp | Ages 6-9
Brave Bears day camp, held over the summer and during school vacation, includes educational, hands-on full day experiences that bring children outside to exercise their minds and bodies. We build confidence and independence by teaching nature wilderness skills in a safe and fun group environment. Wonder is our goal! Youth will cultivate a deeper relationship with the natural world with The Nature Museum.
Brave Bears Summer 2017 Dates
Click links to learn more and register
- Brave Bears One-Day Camp: June 30th
- Brave Bears One-Day Camp: July 7th
- Brave Bears Camp: July 10th-14th
- Brave Bears Camp: July 24th-28th
Example Schedule of a Brave Bears Camp Day
- 9:30 | Check in
- 10-11:00 | Nature lesson and show & tell of items brought in by campers
- 11-11:20 | Snack
- 11:20-12:30 | Exploration of woods – Fort building and woodland games
- 12:30-1:00 | Lunch in the woods
- 1-3:00 | Stream time; amphibian & macro invertebrate collection and water games