Beautify Your Garden + Benefit The Nature Museum
Thanks to all of you, last year’s spontaneous Pop-Up Plant Sale was a successful fundraiser for The Nature Museum. So why not have more of a good thing for Summer 2018? The plant sale venue has changed this year. Due to the large amount of plants we are offering, we have decided to hold the POP-UP SALE at Will and Laurie Danforth's home (1357 Hall Ranch Rd. , Grafton, see directions below). This will limit their schlepping over 200 plants into The Nature Museum!
We welcome you to stop by the Danforth's home for plant purchases from 10 am to 4 pm on SUNDAY, JUNE 10. The plants will be marked with the correct names and be available for suggested donations of $5 to $15.00 (or feel free to give more!). To keep everything as simple as possible, we won’t be making lots of change or accepting credit cards during the plant sale.
Every one of your plant purchases is a donation to support The Nature Museum. You can enjoy strolling through the Danforth's gardens and choose a few plants. Your purchase makes you a partner with us in getting more kids away from screens and outside into nature! Your donations provide cool summer camps and enable us to offer scholarships as well.
Sample Plant Varieties
- Garden Phlox: Phlox paniculata "Robert Poore"
- Cup Plant: Sylphium perfoliatum
- Black Snakeroot or Fairy Candles: Actaea racemosa "Hillside Black Beauty"
- Hemerocallis “Happy Returns”
- Hemerocallis “Bertie Ferris”
- Hemerocallis “Chicago Apache”
- Hemerocallis “Big Time Happy”
- Hemerocallis “Spider Miracle”
- Hemerocallis “Mary Todd”
- Hemerocallis “Rosy Returns”
- Molinia arundinacea “Skyracer”
- Miscanthus sinensis “Mysterious Maiden”
- Geranium macrorrhizum “Bevan’s Variety”
- Nepeta “Souvenir d’Andre Chaubon”
- Leucanthemum superbum “Becky”
FROM GRAFTON: Take Rte. 121 towards Houghtonville and turn right onto Stage(coach) Road. Go up Stage Road until you see Hall Ranch Rd. Turn right on Hall Ranch which is a no-thru road. We are the last driveway at 1357 Hall Ranch Rd. If you see a stone house on your left, you have gone a bit too far. Hall Ranch Road is the ONLY road off Stage Rd.
FROM CHESTER: Take Grafton Rd to Popple Dungeon Rd. Turn right onto Popple Dungeon and then left onto Stage(coach) Rd. Go up the hill until you see Hall Ranch Rd which is a no-thru road going off to your left. Turn left and we are the last driveway at 1357 Hall Ranch Rd.
Hall Ranch Rd. is the ONLY road off Stage Rd.