Mighty Acorns Club for Ages 3-5: A New Time for a New Year!
There's such ease associated with getting outside with kids in the summer in Vermont. Short hikes, dips in local swimming holes, and forays to local lakes and ponds are literally (and luckily!) just outside our doorsteps. Summer is a fertile time for instilling a love for the outdoors; but the onset of fall and its cooler temps shouldn't mean the end to all of this natural fun.
Our Mighty Acorns Club starts up again this month with a new slate of nature programming for children ages 3-5 and a caregiver. As in years past, we will offer a special program every month (September-June) suited to these youngest naturalists. Even as temperatures steadily fall moving from fall into winter, we will bundle up and get outside together as a group after being introduced to a different topic each session indoors with our environmental educator Jay DeGregorio. We even head out on snowshoes for our January session!
Based on feedback from past years, we have opted to shift the club's meeting to the second Friday of each month. That means our first "meeting" is this Friday! It will be a joyful morning full of all things fairy; participants will try their hand at crafting fairy houses and structures. The 9th Annual Fairy House Festival is just around the corner and this Mighty Acorns session is a splendid way to build excitement for the littlest festival goers.
We welcome drop-ins to Mighty Acorns, but appreciate an RSVP if you know you can make it for our planning purposes. And if you're keen—sign up for multiple sessions with one easy registration form. Mighty Acorns is $5 per child; explore the museum and the surrounding woods at your leisure after the program. We even have special kits that you can check out to embark on further explorations after the programs ends.
We hope you can join us Friday!
Sign Up Online
- September 8 | Exploring Nature: Fairy-style!
- October 13 | Fantastic Fall: Falling Temperatures, Leaves, Apples, and More!
- November 10 | Leave, Sleep, or Bundle Up?
- December 8 | Being Connected to Nature: Learning from the Abenaki
- January 12 | Winter Animal Wonders: How Animals Survive the Winter
- February 9 | Wild Winter: The Hows and Whys of the Winter Season
- March 9 | Magic Maple Syrup
- April 13 | The Baby Animals of Spring!
- May 11 | Pollinators: Nature’s Small and Powerful Superheroes!
- June 8 | The Journey of a Water Droplet