Summer Unplugged, Week 6 - The Beaver - One of Nature's Extraordinary Architects
From June 6 through August 29, we hit the road with our love for nature in tow, excited to connect with kids and families at local libraries and the Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center. Each of our free Summer Unplugged programs center on a different topic from the natural world and end with a fun, hands-on craft. These kid-centric events are open to all and the subjects of our curiosity change each week. Just drop by! This program is made possible thanks to generous support from Great River Hydro.
The Beaver - One of Nature’s Extraordinary Architects
Did you know that the North American beaver is a rodent and an “architect”? These large rodents are truly incredible. Come learn more about their way of life and how they change the landscape, including right here in Northern New England. Explore hands-on beaver biofacts, listen to a story, try on a beaver costume, and build your own beaver craft!
- Tuesday, July 31: 10:30AM - 11:30AM | Silsby Public Library, Charlestown, NH
- Tuesday, July 31: 2:00PM - 3:00PM | Springfield Town Library, Springfield, VT
- Wednesday, August 1: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Walpole Town Library, Walpole, VT
- Wednesday, August 1: 1:30PM-2:30PM | Whiting Library, Chester, VT
- Friday, August 3: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center
- Saturday, August 4: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center
Photo credit: Beaver photo, by Steve