Summer Unplugged, Week 5 - The Abenaki and Nature
From June 6 through August 29, we hit the road with our love for nature in tow, excited to connect with kids and families at local libraries and the Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center. Each of our free Summer Unplugged programs center on a different topic from the natural world and end with a fun, hands-on craft. These kid-centric events are open to all and the subjects of our curiosity change each week. Just drop by! This program is made possible thanks to generous support from Great River Hydro.
The Abenaki and Nature
The Abenaki are the indigenous people that have called much of Northern New England home for thousands of years. The Abenaki have, and have always had, a strong kinship with nature and the land. Learn about Abenaki life pre-contact to the Europeans and discover what tools, skills, and natural resources they used. Observe Native American artifacts first-hand, hear a story, and create a nature-themed craft!
- Tuesday, July 17: 10:30AM - 11:30AM | Silsby Public Library, Charlestown, NH
- Tuesday, July 17: 2:00PM - 3:00PM | Springfield Town Library, Springfield, VT
- Wednesday, July 18: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Walpole Town Library, Walpole, VT
- Wednesday, July 18: 1:30PM-2:30PM | Whiting Library, Chester, VT
- Friday, July 20: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center
- Saturday, July 21: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center