Summer Unplugged, Week 10: All About Black Bears
From June 6 through September 1, we hit the road with our love for nature in tow, excited to connect with kids and families at local libraries and the Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center. Each of our free Summer Unplugged programs center on a different topic from the natural world and end with a fun, hands-on craft. These kid-centric events are open to all and the subjects of our curiosity change each week. Just drop by! This program is made possible thanks to generous support from Great River Hydro.
Week 10: All About Black Bears
One of the New England’s biggest and most popular wildlife creatures is the American black bear. Although often feared, these big mammals are intelligent, sneaky, and beautiful. Come hear about black bear facts, explore some black bear biofacts, snuggle up for a story reading, and create your own bear den craft!
- Tuesday, August 28: 10:30AM - 11:30AM | Silsby Public Library, Charlestown, NH
- Tuesday, August 28: 2:00PM - 3:00PM | Springfield Town Library, Springfield, VT
- Wednesday, August 29: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Walpole Town Library, Walpole, VT
- Wednesday, August 29: 1:30PM-2:30PM | Whiting Library, Chester, VT
- Friday, August 31: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center
- Saturday, September 1: 10:00AM-11:00AM | Bellows Falls Fish Ladder and Visitor Center*
* This is the last open day of the season at the Fish Ladder and Visitor Center.